I sort of fell off the clean eating wagon about two weeks ago (pizza, bagels, and Valentine’s chocolates….I’m looking at you) and ever since, I’ve been feeling sluggish and “low energy” (sorry….couldn’t resist). So, in an effort to get back on track, I whipped up my favorite weeknight salad the other evening and enjoyed the left-overs for lunch the next day. This salad is so easy to make, consists of very few ingredients (nothing exotic, I promise) and it’s packed with a ton of nutrition.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 box of organic herb salad
-3 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
-2 avocados diced
-1/2 cup of reduced fat feta cheese
-juice of half a lemon
-1/4 cup olive oil
-2 tablespoons ground flax seed
– Heat oven to 425
– Spread cubed sweet potatoes on a single layer on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes tossing often.
– Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
– Top with the roasted sweet potatoes.
– For the dressing: combine lemon juice, olive oil and flax seed.
– Toss salad with the dressing and voila! You’ve got one healthy dinner!