If you’ve been reading T&T for a while, then you probably already know that I’m a huge proponent of safe beauty products. I could go on and on but instead of boring you with minute details, I suggest you head on over to the EWG site where they rate the safety of the products we bring into our homes everyday. Some of their findings will definitely surprise you. I certainly was taken aback and consequently, over the past two years, I’ve made a concerted effort to purge my make-up drawers and medicine cabinets of harmful products. It’s been quite the process and while there have been a number of hits and misses along the way, I do enjoy testing out different products. Some run on the expensive side (such as my favorite nail polish and remover) while others are pretty affordable and can be found at your local Target or CVS (or Amazon…love their free two day shipping for Prime members). Here is my current list of favorite natural drugstore beauty finds:
1. Babyganics Moisturizing Lotion: I love this lotion! It’s rich and creamy without being greasy (and it dries in a minute). I use it after I get out of the shower and on my hands/elbows at night. It’s also perfect for my four year old after his nightly bath.
2. Neutrogena Facial Cleanser: I’ve used this cleanser on and off for years and I keep coming back to it. While I like to experiment with different brands, you just can’t beat the price tag plus it works really well for sensitive skin.
3. Alba Botanica Moisturizer: This moisturizer is so light weight, glides on effortlessly and smells really good! I originally bought this lotion for my daughter but when I ran out of my usual moisturizer, I started using this one and I’m loving the results. It combats redness and it has a built in SPF.
4. Alba Botanica Fast Fix: This stuff is the real deal. I’m telling you…put this on a blemish at night and the by the next morning, it’s practically gone.
5. Botanics Loose Powder: I love a dewey look (this RMS lumizer will do the job) but I don’t need my whole face to be shining so this light mineral powder is perfect for setting my make-up and evening my skin tone.
6. Burts Bees Cuticle Cream: This cuticle cream comes in the cutest container and smells so fresh and clean. I put in on my nails at night and use it as an on the go hand moisturizer as well. Wouldn’t this make an ideal stocking stuffer?
7. Burts Bees Lip Balm: I am a self proclaimed lip balm addict so I always buys these in packs. I particularly wouldn’t want to put any questionable ingredients near my mouth so natural lip balm is an absolute must!
More Favorite Natural Drugstore Products: