I realize it’s been a while since I’ve shared one of my monthly beauty updates so today I’m featuring certain products that I’ve been using on repeat lately. I don’t know about you but with a couple of exceptions, I tend to switch up my beauty routine quite frequently. As the seasons change, I find myself in need of a deep conditioning mask, a hydrating facial cleanser, a high functioning foundation for extra coverage, and a subtle bronzer to give me the perfect year round glow. Per usual, I try to stick to products that are free of questionable ingredients but I must admit, parting with this luminous silky foundation will be a challenge. If any of you can recommend a safe, effective, and moisturizing alternative I’m all ears!
- Briogeo Hair Mask: After a summer spent at the beach and the pool, my hair was in rough shape! It was frustratingly dry and unruly until I started using this hair mask twice a week. I simply leave it in for ten minutes after shampooing and the result is smooth, manageable locks that are super easy to style. Most times, I don’t even blow dry my hair and it effortlessly falls into place without the need for multiple products and tools.
- Honest Luminizing Powder: I love this Tarte bronzer for the summer but once fall rolls around, I prefer a bronzer that provides a realistically lighter glow. When I spotted this version by Honest at Ulta, I decided to give it a try and I’m loving the the airy feel and the subtle shimmer.
- Pixie Mascara: If you want dramatic lashes (and Lord knows, I need them) then this is the mascara for you! I love the thick wand…just one coat and I’m good to go! Plus, you can’t beat the price. A total no-brainer.
- Beauty Counter Cleanser: I was thrilled when Beauty Counter announced it was producing an exclusive line for Target! I’d been meaning to try their products for quite some time but to be honest, I wasn’t wild about the fact that they were only available online. I like to see, touch and smell beauty products before I commit to them so I was super excited when I could finally scoop up some goodies at my local Target. This cleanser is incredibly hydrating. I love the creamy texture and it smells so fresh! I went through it in no time so I need to restock this item asap.
- Giorgio Armani Foundation: Okay, okay…I know this foundation is not paraben free and that definitely bugs me! But…I seriously don’t know of another foundation that can compete with this one. It glides on so easily, never feels cakey or heavy and yet it provides ample coverage once my summer tan wears off. I also love the dewey look it creates without appearing greasy.
- Strivectin Multi-Action Restorative Cream: I am a huge fan of Strivectin (read more of my reviews here, here and here). Every time I try out one of their products, I immediately see results! Recently, I’ve been relying on their eye concentrate, this resurfacing serum, and this restorative cream. My skin has been so smooth and clear that I don’t even need make-up when I’m dashing out the door for a quick morning errand or when I’m heading out for my daily power walk. I try to let my skin breathe as often as possible so if I’m planning a day at home, I also forgo make-up for a more natural approach. Fyi: Strivectin is on the expensive side but a little goes a long way so a jar will last at least six months!