It’s been a while since I’ve posted a monthly beauty update so I’m rounding up some new products I’ve been loving lately. The timing actually couldn’t be more ideal because these are items that will certainly help combat dry winter skin and dull winter hair. Seriously, sometimes I can’t find one redeeming quality about January, February or March….the longest three months of the year. However, the one silver lining is that the warm weather isn’t that far off so keeping up healthy, glowing skin and shiny, vibrant hair is a must!
- Aveda Body Polish: This body polish smells so good! It’ll definitely wake you up in the shower with its’ invigorating scent plus it will leave your flaky winter skin smooth and soft. Follow up with this rosemary mint body lotion afterwards. I also love this shampoo and conditioner which will energize you first thing in the morning.
- Actually Organic Argan Oil: I’ve been using this argan oil on my hands and nails at night and after a few weeks, I’m noticing the results. As a mom of four, I wash my hands constantly so my hands and nails get extremely dry especially this time of year. I also use it on other dry patches such as my elbows, ankles and my feet after I shower.
- St. Tropez Gradual Tanner: This lotion is perfect for the winter because it doubles as a daily moisturizer and a subtle tanner. I don’t like to look too tan during the winter but maintaining a healthy glow makes a huge difference! It’s free of parabens too so there’s no need to fret about slathering on harmful ingredients.
- Aveda Split End Repair: My hair can start to look lifeless over the winter so using this split end cream has been a necessary step on a daily basis. I simply apply a small amount to the ends after I’ve styled it so my hair doesn’t appear dry and frizzy.
- Strivectin Shampoo/Conditioner: I love Strivectin products! They smell so good, they actually work, and they last a long time! Lately I’ve been using this smoothing shampoo and conditioner which smells amazing and effectively moisturizes my hair. I follow up with this smooth infusion cream from Aveda for soft, manageable hair.
- Anastasia Brow Pencil: I’ve been meaning to try out this line for quite some time so when I spotted this brow pencil on Joanna Gaines’ must have list in the Magnolia Journal, I remembered to finally scoop it up. I am definitely a fan and now it’s the first thing I stash in my cosmetic bag when I’m leaving the house. I also purchased this angled brow brush which I’m loving as well.