*Affiliate links used in this post.
Pixie Tinted Moisturizer and Concealer// Beautycounter Countermatch Lotion// Acure Organics Cleanser// c/o StriVectin Anti-Frizz Serum// Innersense Leave-in Conditioner// The Takesumi Deodorant// c/o Aveda Scalp Cleanser// Coola Sunless Tanner// Beautycounter Sunscreen
I realized that I haven’t done a monthly beauty update in a looong time so I figured I’d catch you up to speed on some products I’ve been using lately. If you’re a regular reader here on Taffeta & Tulips, then you probably already know that I try my best to only use safe beauty products (which isn’t always easy, I know…#nojudgment). But do keep in mind, our skin is our biggest organ and anything we slather on our bodies seeps into our bloodstream. So, I definitely read labels and try to educate myself as often as possible. Having said that, let’s get to the fun part which is my review of each product.
- Pixie Tinted Moisturizer/Concealer: I had been using this dew skin tinted moisturizer all summer (I love how lightweight it is) but when I ran out, I needed a replacement asap since we were going away the next day. So I scooped up this version by Pixie at Target and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! It goes on smoothly and it’s not too heavy or too light. It’s the perfect texture plus I’m loving the built-in concealer. Oh, and it fits inside my cosmetic case so I take it with me on the go. So convenient!
- Beautycounter Countermatch Lotion: Ok, you guys, you need to be sitting for this one. This lightweight lotion works continuously all day to help your skin self-adjust in order to maintain the proper hydration and oxygenation levels. So, basically, your skin feels as hydrated and refreshed by the end of the day as it did in the morning when you initially applied it. There was such a huge buzz when this product launched that it sold out within one day! But, the great news is that it’s currently back in stock! Aaand, I’m hosting a giveaway this month so be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post for a chance to win a tube of this miracle moisturizer!
- Acure Cream Cleanser: I’m a big fan of Acure Organics so when I spotted this cream cleanser at Whole Foods, I decided to give it a try. I love the creamy texture which leaves my skin so soft and the fresh mint scent which definitely helps to wake me up in the morning. I also use this exfoliating wash by Acure a couple of times a week to help smooth out my skin.
- StriVectin Anti-Frizz Overnight Serum: I’m always super excited when a package from StriVectin arrives at my door so I was thrilled to try out their All Smooth hair care line. The shampoo and conditioner smell amazing as does this overnight anti-frizz serum. During the summer, I rarely blow dry my hair so after showering at night, I applied this serum to my damp hair, pulled it back into a bun, and the next morning, I would have shiny, loose waves. It was incredibly fuss-free!
- Innersence Leave-in Conditioner: This lightweight leave-in spray smells heavenly! I relied on this after I got out of the pool all summer since the chlorine can leave your hair feeling dry and brittle. It was the perfect solution for my split ends and ended up being an ideal detangler on the go. I purchased the sample size at Credo so it was easy to just throw it into my pool bag.
- Takesumi Deodorant: This bamboo charcoal deodorant is the real deal! It’s the only natural deodorant I’ve tried that actually works. I promise! Apparently, it’s a time-honored Japanese secret for odor control and detoxification. It comes in two scents, lime mint and a grapefruit/orange blend.
- Aveda Scalp Cleanser: I suffer from a dry, itchy scalp so I’m always looking for safe alternatives to my prescription treatments. So, when Aveda sent me their scalp collection (which also includes their scalp concentrate), I was excited to give it a try. This cleanser smells so fresh (there are hints of grapefruit, neroli and cypress) and it helps to exfoliate your scalp while simultaneously balancing sebum levels. I’d also love to give this special scalp brush a try as well.
- Coola Sunless Tanning Mist: This was another item I picked up at Credo. I am loyal to this Cocoa Glow sunless tanning lotion but I wanted to give this brand a try. It was definitely streak-free and a little goes a long way. The color was also subtle, not orange at all. My one knock on it is that I felt like I had to moisturize like crazy while I was using it. I think I prefer a lotion to a mist when it comes to sunless tanners.
- Beautycounter Sunscreen: This SPF 30 sunscreen was on reorder all summer. It’s my absolute favorite sunscreen because it’s not sticky, heavy, or chalky. No white streaks or strong scent. I gave this to so many friends and family members and everyone loved it. I also love the lip balm too!
Now for the giveaway! This Countermatch lotion is a $48 value but anyone who makes a Beautycounter purchase from my site this month will be eligible to win this amazing moisturizer! I’ll be able to see those of you who order and I’ll choose a name at random at the end of the month. Good luck!