I realized I haven’t posted a monthly beauty update (last seen here and here) in a while so I thought I’d share with you the latest and greatest products I’ve been using recently. I should preface this post by saying that my summer beauty routine is paired way down because my current day to day consists of my morning walk, a pool or beach jaunt in the afternoon, evening baseball games and then blogging after the kids are in bed. So, all I wear is bb cream, a touch of bronzer, and tons of sunscreen (love this one by the way). If I’m going out (which is rare these days), then I put on some mascara and lip gloss and I’m good to go. I’m thrilled to report I’ve been having a good run with my skin which leads me to this list and I’ll begin with this amazing new product from StriVectin!
- StriVectin Overnight Resurfacing Concentrate: This stuff is the real deal! It acts as an exfoliator, replenisher, and a moisturizer. As a mom of four who operates on very little sleep and has minimal time to fuss over her skin, this serum is a one and done miracle in a bottle. I use it at night after I wash my face and then use this maracuja oil afterwards. My skin has never been clearer or smoother! You only need a tiny bit so a little goes a long way!
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess Lip Gloss: I just replenished this lip gloss which is my absolute favorite! It’s the perfect shade for summer…a subtle nude gloss which is ideal with sun kissed skin. I love the fact that it moisturizes my lips (they’re perpetually dry) and never feels sticky. Plus, Tarte is an all natural line so you don’t have to fret about applying any harmful ingredients near your mouth. And for under $20, it’s quite the steal!
- RMS Mascara: I finally found a natural mascara that actually works! I LOVE this stuff! It never clumps, even when I double dip. If I apply a thin coat in the morning and then another coat in the evening going out, it doesn’t stick together like many mascaras do. And how chic is the design? I’m loving the simple and sleek applicator which fits perfectly into my cosmetic bag.
- Fekkai Beach Waves Spray: Oh my goodness…this stuff smells incredible! You don’t need to wear perfume when you’re wearing it because it smells so fresh and clean (I think it has citrus notes). I took it with me to Fire Island over the holiday weekend because I didn’t want to be bothered blow drying and styling my hair and it was the perfect solution. I simply washed my hair, sprayed this through and let it air dry and I had tousled beach waves. The one thing that bothers me is that it does have parabens so I’ll continue looking for a safer alternative.
- Simple Facial Wash: I recently ran out of this Skyn facial wash and while I loved it, it’s on the pricey side for a product I use twice a day everyday. So, I decided to give this affordable version by Simple a try after spotting it in Target. It’s creamy so I love that it hydrates my skin and all Simple products are free of harsh chemicals so you don’t have to worry about parabens or any artificial perfumes or dyes. For only $6 a bottle, it’s definitely a bargain!