As you may know by now, I love testing out new beauty products! And although there are certain items I will never part with (such as this facial cleanser, this BB Cream and this luminizer), I do like to mix it up quite frequently. A large part of this is due to the fact that my skin and hair keep changing as a result of the weather, stress/lack of sleep (#momlife), and, of course, age (ugh). So, anything that promises youthful looking skin, shiny locks, smells great and is free of harmful ingredients…I’m always willing to give it a try. Here’s a breakdown of some new products I’ve been using this past month.
- Aveda Dry Shampoo: After trying my fair share of dry shampoos, I think I’ve finally found the one. This version by Aveda doesn’t leave that dreaded white residue, smells amazing, and leaves my hair feeling light and fresh. I also love the fact that it’s a non-aerosol powder mist so I’m not inhaling it as I’m applying. All you have to do is squeeze the bottle to lightly puff the powder at your roots, massage it into your scalp, brush out your hair and you’re done!
- Aveda Smooth Invasion: I’ve been using this smoothing cream by Aveda ever since I chopped my hair and it seriously works wonders! My hair is normally wavy and coarse so it needs a good product to combat frizz and keep it from puffing out. After I towel dry my hair, I apply a dime size amount, comb it through, and then blow dry my hair per usual. It leaves my hair so smooth that I haven’t needed to use a flat iron for the past few weeks which is a major time saver and my hair feels much healthier (by the way, this product smells sooo good).
- Sukin Night Cream: Normally, I use this maracuja oil at night and it works really well but coming off of the winter, I needed an intense moisturizer that would restore my skin’s elasticity and deeply hydrate it. It’s enriched with rose hip, evening primrose and borage oils so it sinks into the skin and immediately moisturizes it. I saw a difference in just a few days and have been using it ever since. A little goes a long way so it will take at least six months to go through a jar.
- Era Organics Shampoo: My scalp can get embarrassingly dry and flaky and while I’ve used the prescription shampoos from my dermatologist, I always wonder what’s in them. So, I researched natural shampoos to combat my itchy winter scalp and discovered this alternative by Era Organics. I only need to use it once per week but it definitely gets the job done. It also has a conditioner as well.
- Fresh Life Rollerball: When I ran out of my favorite perfume, I decided to test out this fragrance by Fresh Life. I love their soaps and lotions so I had a feeling I’d like this scent. It’s so fresh and crisp (ideal for spring), not heavy or overwhelming at all. And I love the small size which is perfect for stashing in my bag when I need a quick refresher on the go.
Shop More Beauty Favorites: