If you’re a regular reader of Taffeta & Tulips, then you know by now that I’m a huge proponent of natural beauty products. In addition to eating the right foods, we must be cognisant of the ingredients that are found in the items we use on our skin and in our hair everyday. So, I’m constantly on the hunt for safe and effective products to add to my ever growing collection. While there are certain things I will never part with (such as this maracuja oil, this self tanner, and this luminizer), I do like to switch things up a bit and try out new lotions and potions. This past month, my skin and hair needed a boost after becoming dull and dry from the winter so here’s a round-up of my current favorites that I’ve incorporated into my daily routine:
- Cetaphil Body Wash: I was thrilled when Cetaphil came out with a line of products that are free of parabens and other harmful ingredients. As much as I love Honest and Burt’s Bees for my kids, they do run on the pricey side so to find a safe product that’s also affordable is the icing on the cake. Plus, it smells sooo good! I also use it everyday in the shower and I love the fact that it leaves my skin soft and moisturized.
- Skyn Facial Cleanser: I first read about this cleanser on Cupcakes & Cashmere and was instantly intrigued. My face was so dry and tired looking after being exposed to frigid winter days, stress and a lack of sleep so I decided to give this brand a try. I cannot sing its’ praises enough! It feels so good as I lather it on my face each morning and night. I actually look forward to washing my face! It immediately made a difference and I can honestly say that now I’m hooked.
- Almond Oil: This amazing smelling oil is perfect for applying right out of the shower. I especially love it for my feet, elbows and knees that tend to get the driest plus I also use it to soften my cuticles. In addition, this oil is ideal for mixing with a few drops of lavender oil to reduce stress and anxiety (just dab a little on your feet or your neck). You can read more about my favorite essential oils and their benefits here.
- Drybar Treatment Oil: Another incredible smelling product (are you seeing a trend here?) is this treatment oil which is free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates. I use it on my hair when it’s damp right before I blow dry it and then afterwards to tame flyaways and give my locks a little shine. It is on the expensive side but you only need a tiny drop so a little goes a long way.
- Strivectin Color Care Shampoo/Conditioner: I only get my hair colored once every three months so I need a shampoo and conditioner that will extend my color and keep it from looking brassy. I’ve been using this brand for over a month now and I’m happy to say that my color is just as vibrant as it was the day I received my last balyage treatment (which I swear by). As much as I don’t like to splurge on things that I’ll need to replace on a frequent basis, I do believe that with hair care products you get what you pay for. So, if you’re investing hundreds of dollars coloring your hair at the salon, you should definitely use high quality products that will keep it looking fresh.
- Strivectin Color Care Vibrancy Booster: I use this color booster once a week to give my color an added lift. This product effectively seals and smooths the strands to give my blond locks a much needed shine since the harsh winter weather can leave my hair looking dull and lifeless. After I shampoo and condition, I work it into my roots and hair and leave it on for about three minutes before rinsing it out with cool water.