I prefer to switch things up when it comes to my morning skin care routine. I find that when I use certain products for too long, my skin eventually doesn’t respond (the same goes for hair care…in fact, my hair stylist, Dave, suggests that I frequently mix it up when it comes to hair products). Since I’m a huge proponent of safe beauty products, I’m always on the hunt for the latest and greatest lines that are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, harmful preservatives and artificial colors. It may seem like a tall order but my feeling is, if you can’t pronounce it, then you shouldn’t slather it on your face or your body, wouldn’t you agree? Luckily, the number of natural beauty lines is increasing so I love trying out new products and sharing my reviews here on T&T. Lately, these five beauty products have been getting the job done and the great news is none of them will break the bank!
- Simple Foaming Cleanser: I had been using Neutrogena Naturals purifying cleanser for the past few months but when I ran out of it during our trip down to Hilton Head, I decided to try out this foaming cleanser. A little goes a long way so this bottle will last you a while! I love the foaming action…somehow, I feel like my skin gets a deeper clean and it doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight like some cleansers.
- Acure Eye Cream: I’ve been a little (okay, a lot) late to the party when it comes to eye creams. My friend from college couldn’t believe it when told her I just started using one…oops! The thing that prompted me was when I saw a recent picture of myself and my eyes looked so puffy! I suppose sleep would do the trick but I function my best late at night when all my kids are asleep. That’s when I get stuff done so an effective eye cream is a must. This one from Acure is reasonably priced and after using it for about a month, I’m definitely seeing results.
- Acure Day Cream: While I still use this Maracuja oil at night, this day cream is the perfect moisturizer for my dry winter skin. It absorbs immediately and I love the fresh scent.
- Boscia BB Cream: I love this BB cream in lieu of foundation. While I typically switch it up in the summer with a tinted moisturizer (love this one), this cream blends with any skin tone and is perfect for even the most sensitive skin. It also has a built in SPF. This tube usually lasts about three months so you get a lot for your money.
- Shany Primer: I was also never one for primers but as I get older, I’m realizing that a good primer is a total necessity! After reading rave reviews about this one, I decided to give it a try and I am hooked! It’s incredibly light and glides on so easily. And the best part is my bb cream stays put on my face all day long. I just went through a bottle of this stuff and already ordered another one…#obsessed.
Shop These Skin Care Products: