Today, I’m so excited to introduce you to Amy Havins, the creator and author behind Dallas Wardrobe. I was thrilled when Amy graciously agreed to be featured for this series because I’m a huge fan of Amy’s blog and her personal style. Amy has impeccable taste…she kind of reminds me of a southern Kate Middleton, wouldn’t you agree? She’s perpetually polished yet always keeps her look simple and refined. This is what makes Amy’s approach to dressing seem easy, effortless , relatable and attainable. Be sure to follow Amy on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin. Now, let’s get to know Amy a little better…
1. What was the inspiration behind Dallas Wardrobe?
You may not know this but I am also a style consultant. The Dallas Wardrobe blog started strictly as a way for me to show potential clients my personal style & taste! The inspiration behind the blog is really anything and everything that I am loving or admiring.
2. Take us through a typical day…
Oh gosh, no two days are alike. Some days are spent going from meeting to meeting, some are spent shooting photos, some are spent at my desk. There is nothing normal about running a blog full time,especially when you are a one man show!
3. How would you define your personal style?
Classic and feminine
4. What trends are you loving for fall/winter?
I am loving jeans, sweaters and over the knee boots
5. What sites do you read everyday?
whowhatwear, vogue and elle decor
6. Where are your favorite places to shop and eat in Dallas?
Shopping is Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom & Planet Bardot
Eating…well Mi Cocina, Hatties, The Mansion, Bistro 31 and Javiers
7. Describe the perfect weekend…
spin class, walking to brunch with the husband and puppies, afternoon shopping, dinner and after dinner drinks with friend
8. What are your go-to travel necessities?
a large cozy sweater, over the knee boots and a great playlist
9. What is the most rewarding aspect of being a fashion and lifestyle blogger?
getting to meet so many amazing people
10. What advice do you have for aspiring bloggers?
stay true to your own personal style & give the people what they want