Today, I’d like to introduce you to my daughter Lara who is not only beautiful on the outside but more importantly, on the inside as well. Lara is incredibly kind, compassionate and generous to everyone she meets. She is an old soul who loves curling up with a good book and a cup of tea, writing songs and playing her instruments (she plays the viola, cello, keyboard and the ukulele), drawing and sketching, enjoying a good meal (she’s a foodie like me), and spending time with her family and friends. I often times call her my co-pilot because in a house with three boys, it gets pretty crazy and I can always count on Lara to offer a helping hand. But besides that, I just love spending time with her because we have great talks and lots of laughs and I’m so very proud of the lovely young woman she has become. As a small token of my thanks, I gave Lara this Claddagh necklace and ring from the Failte collection at Solvar because she loves jewelry and she’s a hopeless romantic. You can read about the significance of the Claddagh here in case you’re curious. She wore them out to dinner when we were down in Hilton Head and has been wearing them ever since!
I thought it would be fun to turn the Spotlight on Lara and give you all some insight into what fourteen year olds like these days although I’m happy to say that Lara is definitely her own person!
- Describe your personal style: I love a bohemian or indie style.
- What beauty products do you use everyday? I use Almay Mascara (1 or 2 coats tops) and CoverGirl’s TruNaked Nudes eyeshadow palette.
- Where do you shop? I don’t need to shop that often now that I wear a uniform to school, but I like Aeropostale, Nordstrom Juniors, Target (there are some hidden gems in there!) and Barnes and Noble (for books).
- What do you do with your free time? I play the keyboard or ukulele in my room, read (a lot), or draw.
- Favorite singer or band? I absolutely LOVE Panic! At The Disco. I saw them in concert last June and they were amazing.
- Favorite TV show? I love Steven Universe. The music from the show cheers me up when school is stressing me out!
- Favorite book? I love the Harry Potter series (except the 5th book).
- Favorite food? Sushi, sushi, Mom’s chocolate chip cookies, and (you guessed it) sushi.
- What do you care most about with this election? I care that whoever wins at least tries to put the effort in to making the country the best it can be.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years? I see myself graduating Berklee College of Music in Boston (Which is kind of scary to think about. Ten years is coming quickly!!)
Shop the Look: