This weekend started out chilly but ended on a much better note with sunny skies and temperatures in the sixties. So, we took full advantage and ventured down to the beach for a stroll by the water. I stuck to the basics because I was shuttling between my sons’ baseball games so comfy, casual, and classic was definitely the way to go. This is pretty much my “mom uniform” during spring: a timeless striped tee, a cashmere cardigan, flattering jeans, flats, and a functional tote. Here’s a guide to my favorites:
- Striped Tee: I own this tee from Who What Wear in both black and white and blue and white. I love the boat neck collar and the three quarter sleeve. It’s perfect for transitional temps and can easily be worn on its’ own or styled under a sweater, vest, or jacket. It’s incredibly versatile and universally flattering. Plus, it looks great with jeans, shorts, or these girlfriend chinos. The possibilities are endless.
- Cashmere Cardigan: I love an open front cashmere cardigan all year long. It’s the ideal layering piece and always looks polished and pulled together. I would recommend investing in one in a neutral color to get more mileage out of it. Also, I’d scoop one up at the end of the season because you’ll get a quality version at a fraction of the regular price.
- High Waisted Jeans: I cannot say enough about these high waisted moto jeans from TopShop. I own them in black and denim and they are sooo comfortable and flattering! Plus, you just can’t beat the price. If you’re on the hunt for an affordable pair of jeans, Topshop is my suggestion. Keep in mind that Topshop runs on the small side so be sure to size up.
- Chic Flats: I bought these denim flats from J.Crew Factory a few years ago and I receive a ton of compliments on them! I love the fact that they’re both stylish and functional. Plus, they go with absolutely everything! Unfortunately, these are sold out but I found a similar pair that are equally affordable and classic.
- Reversible Tote: This tote was the best $48 I ever spent! It’s simple, versatile, and practical and at this price, it’s a total no-brainer. I love the black and cognac combo because it goes with everything. And the best part is it’s the ideal knock-around bag as a mom on of four. I take it on errands, to school, or to the baseball field and I never have to worry about it getting scratched or beaten up. It’s also my go-travel bag…perfect for flying, road trips, or on the ferry out to Fire Island.
- Aviator Sunglasses: I think I’m the last person to not own a pair of Ray-Bans so they’re definitely on my spring wishlist. But, I have to say, I do love this save version from J.Crew Factory which are a total steal. I don’t leave my house without sunglasses and this particular style is timeless and flattering on anyone. For under $15, they’re the perfect pair of affordable shades.
Shop This Post: